The widespread adoption of QR scanners for day-to-day transactions has brought a digital revolution throughout the country. The presence of QR codes, spanning from local fruit vendors to shopkeepers, and reaching even the remotest villages to metropolitan cities, has significantly altered the trajectory of mobile payments. Domestic fintech startup Paytm also offers QR codes and Soundboxes for merchants that help small merchants with innovative payment solutions for their customers.
Recently, Paytm Payments Bank introduced the Credit Card on the UPI system to enhance the payment experience for customers and strengthen the credit card ecosystem in India. The integration of credit cards with UPI yields substantial advantages for cardholders. The process remains user-friendly as individuals can simply scan a QR code and opt for the payment option using their credit cards. This advancement adds a layer of flexibility to UPI transactions while making credit utilization more convenient.
Before starting to make payments, it’s essential to link your credit card with Paytm. Here are steps on how to link your Credit Card on Paytm:
- Open the ‘Paytm app’ and click on ‘Link Rupay Card to UPI’ from homepage
- Select your Credit Card Bank from the list of options to link your card
- Set a UPI PIN for your card and start making payments
To initiate payments using your credit card via Paytm UPI, follow these steps:
- Scan the store’s QR code and enter the payment amount.
- Select your linked credit card on the payment page
- Enter your UPI PIN and complete the transaction securely
That’s how one can make fast and secure UPI payments through your credit card.
Further for a seamless online shopping experience through a website or mobile app using your Credit Card on Paytm, follow these steps:
- Enter your UPI ID on the checkout page or opt for Paytm UPI as the payment method.
- Open the Paytm app and select your linked credit card on the payment page
- Complete the transaction by entering your set UPI PIN. Enjoy hassle-free payments.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has allowed the linking of RuPay Credit Cards to the UPI platform in June 2022. So to start making such payments, users need to link their RuPay Credit Card to UPI.
So far banks that have enabled the linking of RuPay include SBI Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, IndusInd Bank, Punjab National Bank, Yes Bank and Union Bank. AU Small Finance Bank, IDFC First Bank, Canara Bank, Federal Bank, Bank of Baroda, Indian Bank, CSB Bank.